Pages

Monday 22 December 2014

Skydive Byron Bay


For those of you who don't know, I am a big scaredy cat who is terrified of roller coasters, and anything else that sets of my intolerance to motion sickness off. But last weekend I conquered my fear, on a much larger scale. I went sky diving! It was my boyfriend's 21st, what better way to celebrate than falling from 14,000ft?

Skydive Australia has a 100% safety record, which is very comforting to know when you're a nervous wreck like myself. I was excited, but also extremely anxious. The staff at Byron Bay are professional, enthusiastic, and supportive! They were very encouraging, and my instructor took good care of me from the moment he introduced himself.


Ever since I was little, flying in planes made me happy and curious. I always wanted to know what a cloud felt like to touch. I was lucky enough to experience this when we were free falling - it was amazing! I think that was one of my favourite parts. I love the landscape of where I live, so it was exciting to see the Byron Shire and its surroundings from such a great height (and not out of a small window from a plane).


After the initial jump, I couldn't stop smiling! This was truly an amazing experience that has left me breathless. This small review does not do it any justice. Skydiving is a wonderful activity which will open your eyes to a whole new world of possibilities! At first I thought I was doing this for Luke, then I went deeper, and saw that I really wanted to do this for myself. So I could be more confident, to take more risks, and appreciate the beautiful place we live in. And not to mention so I could feel like a bad ass and say that I jumped out of a plane at 14,000ft!


I hope this encourages some unsure people to face their fears and go for it! Skydiving is something you will never know what it feels like, unless you experience it first hand. It is the best thing I have done in my life, and certainly won't be the only time I do it! I want to take this opportunity to thank Skydive Byron Bay, and give them a 10/10! Cairns is next on my list!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Please click through to my Flickr to view more photos!

With love,
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is impressive! I would be absolutely terrified.

    ReplyDelete